Partner Visas

Subclass 820/801 visa for applying onshore in Australia

If you are applying for a partner visa inside of Australia, you should learn more about the Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801). This partner visa comes in two parts, a provisional then a permanent visa. You only need to lodge one application pay one application charge for both visas. If you apply for a subclass 820 visa, you must be in Australia when you lodge your application.

Read more

Subclass 309/100 visa for applying offshore outside of Australia

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You only need to lodge one application for both your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. However, your visa application is processed in two stages.

You must be outside of Australia when you apply for the subclass 309 visa and also when it is granted to you.

Read more

Including family members on visa applications

Most of the visas that enable you to live and work in Australia allow you to include a family member on your application.

Just like the main visa applicant, additional family members need to meet Australia’s health and character requirements.

For Australian immigration purposes, a family member can be your:

partner – such as your husband or wife or de facto partner (same or opposite sex)


a dependent child up to the age of 23 years old, if the child is still dependent on you. This can be your child or your step child from your current or, sometimes, from a previous relationship.

Australia’s immigration process requires visa applicants to prove their relationship with their partner or dependent child.

For a partner this can include providing a certified copy of a marriage certificate and evidence that you live together, such as providing shared contracts that include both your names at the same address. For a child, this can include providing a certified copy of their birth certificate.

Contact us

Prospective Marriage visa.

If you are planning to get married in Australia to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you should look at the Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300).

Read more

Parent Visas

Australia’s Parent Visas offer different options for parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents to live in Australia.

Read more

Free Assessment

Register now and receive a free assessment on your migration application.

Register now

*no credit card required!