Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (Subclass 191)
Regional Provisional stream (subclass 191)
This visa entitles you to permanent residency in Australia. You can work, study, enrol in Medicare, sponsor relatives to come to Australia and travel to and from Australia. There is no minimum income requirement for this visa. To qualify, you must:
- already have a subclass 491 or a subclass 494 visa
- provide income tax returns for the primary applicant for 3 of the 5 years worked in Australia on the 491 or 494 visa
- comply with the conditions of your subclass 491 or 494 visa (including living in a regional area)
- meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements
- sign an ‘Australian Values Statement’
- pay any debts owing to the Australian government
- have no prior visa refusals or cancellations.
You do not need to be sponsored by an employer to transition to the subclass 191 visas.
You can apply for this visa in or outside of Australia.
This permanent residency visa lasts 5 years. To re-enter Australia after that time, you will need a Resident Return visa (RRV) subclass 155 or 157.
When you have this visa you may be able to apply to become an Australian citizen.
The cost of the Skilled Regional subclass 191 visa are
Primary applicant – AUD 475.00
Each applicant 18 years and over – AUD 120.00
Each applicant 18 years and under – AUD 120.00
This excludes other charges for health checks and police certificates.