TSS 482 visa Labour Market Testing
As an employer wanting to sponsor an employee for the 482 visa, you’ll need to show you have attempted to hire an Australian worker but have not been able to find a suitably qualified candidate. The Immigration Department calls this testing the local labour market.
Labour market testing (LMT) generally involves advertising the position in Australia.
Its important to know how, when and what proof to show to demonstrate your business has carried out labour market testing.
For the TSS 482 visa, this involves presenting evidence of an advertisement for the job within the past 4 months of lodging the nomination application. The adverts can be placed by the sponsoring employer or an agency working on their behalf.
The advert needs to be published in Australia, in English on one of the following platforms or media:
- on a prominent or professional recruitment website with national reach that publishes advertisements for positions throughout Australia;
- industry specific recruitment websites relevant to the occupation that are in significant use by the industry
- LinkedIn’s online recruitment platform is acceptable for LMT purposes. However, job vacancies restricted to LinkedIn profile members only will not be accepted by the Immigration Department for LMT purposes.
- in national print media (that is, newspapers or magazines with national reach that are published at least monthly and marketed throughout Australia);
- on national radio with national reach; or
- on the business’ website if the sponsor is an accredited sponsor.
- job adverts placed on a general classifieds website or through a social media notification (such as Twitter or Instagram) will not qualify as an acceptable method of advertising.
What do 482 visa Labour Market Testing job ads need to include?
The job advertisement needs to include the following information:
the title, or a description, of the position (this can include more than one position);
the skills or experience required for the position;
the name of the approved sponsor or the name of the recruitment agency being used by the sponsor; and
the salary for the position if the annual earnings for the position are lower than AUD96,400. (You can include a salary range, for example, AUD80,000 to AUD90,000).
The job adverts need to have run for at least 4 weeks.
Our experienced registered migration agent, can advise you on your 482 visa nomination and help you prepare the relevant documents ahead of lodging your nomination.Contact us for 482 visa advice