Employer Sponsored Permanent Residency

Australia has employer sponsored migration options for skilled people. These visas can grant permanent residency to sponsored employees to help businesses address skills shortages.

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)

This visa entitles you to permanent residency in Australia. To qualify, you need to be sponsored by an employer.

To apply for this visa you need to:

  • check your occupation is included on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) 
  • be sponsored by an Australian employer
  • show that you are qualified in your nominated occupation by presenting recognized qualifications and experience and/or having your trade skills assessed by Trades Recognition Australia.
  • pass police, health, language, age and character checks.
Read more

Regional Provisional stream (subclass 191)

This visa entitles you to permanent residency in Australia. You can work, study, enrol in Medicare, sponsor relatives to come to Australia and travel to and from Australia. There is no minimum income requirement for this visa. To qualify, you must:

    • already have a subclass 491 or a subclass 494 visa
    • provide income tax returns for the primary applicant for 3 of the 5 years worked in Australia on the 491 or 494 visa
    • comply with the conditions of your subclass 491 or 494 visa
    • meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements
    • sign an ‘Australian Values Statement’
    • pay any debts owing to the Australian government
    • have no prior visa refusals or cancellations.

You can apply for this visa in Australia (you do not have to submit the application off shore).

This permanent residency visa lasts 5 years.

When you have this visa you may be able to apply to become an Australian citizen.


Contact us