Australian Business Migration Group is committed to protecting your privacy and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988, as well as other applicable laws protecting privacy.
‘Personal information’ is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 to mean any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Data Collection and Purpose
We collect and hold the personal data we need to provide our products, services and information to our customers, the community, our contractors and other affiliated entities, for our functions and activities, and to comply with the law. If you choose not to provide certain personal data to us, we may not be able to assist you, or provide you with the requested service or complete your transaction. You also have the option to not identify yourself or use a pseudonym when dealing with us, however we may not be able to assist you, or provide you with the requested service or complete your transaction. If you provide us with your personal data, and we have not solicited that data, we may destroy or de-identify it.
The following are the main types of personal data collected and held by us and the main purposes for which they are collected and held.
Data collected from visitors to our websites
In most instances, you can visit our website without providing any personal data. However, on some pages, we may ask you for personal data to provide a service or carry out a transaction you request. The personal data that we collect may include:
- contact details, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address;
- information about your company and job position;
- your preferences with respect to e-mail marketing;
- your inquiries about and orders for our products and services, as well as information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you;
- feedback from you about our products and services, including our websites.
The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our website or contact us online is what you tell us about yourself, such as when you complete an online subscription form to our publications, alerts and newsletters, when you accept an invitation to attend a seminar or function, or complete one of our online forms.
We will also collect personal information about you if you provide us with your business card at a function or otherwise provide your personal information to us in person or contact us through social media (such as LinkedIn and Facebook).
We typically collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about our clients:
- name, job title, and contact details;
- communications between you and us;
- financial information;
- information about your areas of legal interest or specialisation; and
- other personal information that you provide to us (such as when you respond to an invitation to attend a seminar or function) or that we collect in the course of our relationship with you.
Some Personal Information (e.g. race, ethnicity, health, criminal record etc.) is sensitive and requires a higher level of protection under the Privacy Act. We will not use or disclose your sensitive Personal Information other than as permitted by law or with your consent.
Purpose of Collection of personal data
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and other purposes including:
- providing the services that our clients have requested;
- maintaining, managing and developing our relationship with clients and potential clients;
- marketing our services, and providing you with information about services that you have requested or that may be of interest to you;
- the organization of events;
- assessing and considering applications from prospective employees, contractors and service providers;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure and will endeavour to delete or destroy your Personal Information if you request us to do so if you no longer use our site.
Only authorised users can access your Personal Information Personal Information and access to your Personal Information is only for approved purposes.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request for access to your Personal Information if that request is onerous.
You have a right to access the Personal Information that we hold. Please call 1300 794 680 to ask for access to your Personal Information, make a complaint concerning privacy, or if you think any of your Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.