ICT TRAINERS analyse and evaluate information-based system training needs and objectives, and develop, schedule and conduct ICT-based system training programs and courses.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- identifying technical training needs and requirements of individuals and organisations
- setting human resource development objectives and evaluating learning outcomes
- preparing and developing instructional training material and aids such as handbooks, visual aids, online tutorials, demonstration models, and supporting training reference documentation
- designing, coordinating, scheduling and conducting ICT training and development programs that can be delivered in the form of individual and group instruction, and facilitating workshops, meetings, demonstrations and conferences
- liaising with external training providers to arrange delivery of specific training and development programs
- promoting internal and external training and development, and evaluating these promotional activities
- monitoring and performing ongoing evaluation and assessment of training quality and effectiveness, and reviewing and modifying training objectives, methods and course deliverables
- gathering, investigating and researching background materials to gain a full understanding of the ICT subject matter and systems
- keeping up-to-date with new product version releases, advances in programming languages, application development software, and general information technology trends
- writing end user products and materials such as user training, tutorial and instruction manuals, online help, and operating and maintenance instructions
223211 ICT Trainer
223211 ICT TRAINER
Analyses and evaluates information-based system training needs and objectives, and develops, schedules and conducts ICT-based system training programs and courses.
Skill Level: 1