NURSE EDUCATORS AND RESEARCHERS
NURSE EDUCATORS AND RESEARCHERS provide clinical and theoretical education to and promote professional development of nurses and midwives, and conduct research into nursing practice.
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- researching, planning, developing and implementing nursing curricula
- facilitating practical experience for general and specialist nurses
- evaluating ongoing and changing educational needs and monitoring course outcomes
- participating in developing and implementing policies affecting nursing, nurse education and health
- undertaking and promoting nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and disseminating research information
- promoting utilisation of current research findings into clinical nursing practice and patient management
- promoting the implementation of research and research findings into organisation-wide functions such as safety, quality and risk management
- providing support and education for other nurses undertaking research
Nurse Educator 254211
Nurse Researcher 254212
Clinical Nurse Educator
Staff Development Nurse
Designs, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of nursing education and staff development programs, and manages educational resources.
Skill Level: 1
Designs, conducts and evaluates nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and promotes the implementation of research findings into clinical nursing practice.
Skill Level: 1