MIXED CROP AND LIVESTOCK FARMERS
MIXED CROP AND LIVESTOCK FARMERS plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to both grow crops and to breed and raise livestock.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops and livestock
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of meat, wool, skins, milk or eggs, and growing grain, seed crops, vegetables, fruit or nuts
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- selecting and purchasing seed for planting, planning and implementing breeding programs
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising, and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer 121411
MIXED CROP AND LIVESTOCK FARMER 121411
Farmer and Grazier
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to both grow crops and to breed and raise livestock.
Skill Level: 1
Cattle and Wheat Farmer
Sheep and Wheat Farmer