UNIT GROUP 1334 MANUFACTURERS
MANUFACTURERS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of small manufacturing establishments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- identifying business opportunities, devising new manufacturing processes and determining products to be manufactured
- developing business plans and implementing operational, marketing, human resource and pricing procedures
- researching and implementing regulatory and statutory requirements affecting manufacturing operations and the environment
- directing the activities of production, warehouse, distribution and other operating units
- maintaining quality control systems for manufacturing, waste disposal, delivery and other procedures
- coordinating orders for raw materials, supplies and equipment, and arranging packaging, delivery and wholesaling of products
- overseeing the coordination of after-sales service
- overseeing the provision of quotes for the manufacture of specialised goods and arranging contracts with customers
- may devise and oversee the implementation of production run schedules
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the operations of a small manufacturing establishment.
Skill Level: 1