TRAVEL ATTENDANTS 4517
TRAVEL ATTENDANTS provide services for the safety and comfort of passengers in aircraft, ships and railway sleeping cars.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- managing safety and emergency procedures and making public announcements
- coordinating the sale of goods to passengers and completion of any customs and immigration documentation which may be required
- conducting safety checks and demonstrations of safety equipment and procedures
- assisting passengers in emergency drills, carrying out emergency procedures, assisting and directing passengers in emergencies
- checking passengers’ tickets and directing them to seats and cabins
- tidying aircraft, ship and railway cabins, and receiving and stowing food, equipment and cabin baggage
- operating galleys, preparing and heating food for passengers, and serving refreshments and meals
- distributing reading material, pillows, blankets and other amenities for the comfort of passengers
Occupations:451711 Flight Attendant
451799 Travel Attendants nec
451711 FLIGHT ATTENDANT
Provides services for the safety and comfort of aircraft passengers.
Skill Level: 3
Cabin Supervisor (Aircraft)
Crew Attendant (Air Force)
451799 TRAVEL ATTENDANTS NEC
This occupation group covers Travel Attendants not elsewhere classified.
Skill Level: 3
Occupations in this group include:
Railway Sleeping Car Conductor