Skilled Independent Subclass 189

You could immigrate to Australia independently on the basis of your profession or trade. With Australia’s 189 visas, you do not need to be sponsored by an Australian employer.

The skilled independent subclass 189 visa is designed for those who are not sponsored by an employer or family member.

Before you apply for this visa, check that you qualify for it. You must:

– Be between the ages of 18 and 49

– Complete an expression of interest and be invited by the Department of Immigration

– Score a minimum of 60 on SkillSelect’s Skilled Migration Points Test

– Pass the skill assessment required by the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

– Meet the necessary standard of the English language. Learn more about passing the English language requirement.

– Receive clearance from the Department of Immigration after a health and character assessment

To apply for a skilled independent subclass 189 visa:

1.Use the SkillSelect service to lodge an expression of interest (EOI).

2.Wait you need to be invited to apply by the Department of Immigration. Invitations are issued twice a month and are posted publicly on the SkillSelect website.

3.Assemble all your documentation

4.Once you receive an invitation, you will have 60 days to apply for the visa and submit all of your documents.

You can apply for the skilled independent subclass 189 visa if you are living inside or outside of Australia. If you are already living in Australia and wish to apply for the visa, you must already hold a Bridging A, B, or C visa or a substantive visa.

You can include the following family members on your application:

  • Spouses and partners of any sex
  • Children who are dependent
  • Other relatives who are financially dependent on the applicant

Dependent family members must be included on the application at the time it is filed.