Business Innovation & Investment Subclass 188
Business Innovation & Investment Subclass 188 visas are for investors and business owners who wish to establish business operations in Australia. The 188 visa is valid for 4 years and 3 months and can lead on to the subclass 888 visa that gives permanent residency.
The steps involved
- Submit an Expression of Interest to an Australian State or Territory. Some States can have unique criteria for nomination.
- The State, Territory or Austrade invites you to apply for the visa.
- Assemble the supporting documents and submit with your visa application.
To be eligible for 188 visas, you need to:
- be under 55 years of age at the time you lodge your application
- meet the points test score of 65 (met through your qualifications, business experience, investment experience, English language ability)
- meet health and character requirements
The 5 eligibility streams
A. Business Innovation – for business owners seeking to establish business operations in Australia.Lean more
B. Investor – for people who are willing to invest $1.5 million in an Australian State or Territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.Learn more
C. Significant Investor – for people who are willing to invest $5 million into complying investments in Australia and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.Learn more
D. Premium Investor – for people with significant funds who are willing to invest at least $15 million into complying premium investments in Australia and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.Learn more
E. Entrepreneur – for people who have a funding agreement from a third party for at least AUD200 000 to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity.Learn more