UNIT GROUP 3322 PAINTING TRADES WORKERS
PAINTING TRADES WORKERS apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- erecting scaffolding and ladders, and placing drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- preparing surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays
- hanging wallpaper, matching patterns and trimming edges
- cleaning equipment and work areas
- may repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
- may lay and repair wall and floor tiles
332211 Painting Trades Worker
332211 PAINTING TRADES WORKER
Applies paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3