UNIT GROUP 1413 HOTEL AND MOTEL MANAGERS
HOTEL AND MOTEL MANAGERS organise and control the operations of hotels and motels to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities
- supervising security arrangements, and garden and property maintenance
- planning and supervising bar, restaurant, function and conference activities
- observing liquor, gaming, and other laws and regulations
- assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction
- overseeing accounting and purchasing activities
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- may provide guests with local tourism information, and arrange tours and transportation
141311 Hotel or Motel Manager
141311 HOTEL OR MOTEL MANAGER
Organises and controls the operations of a hotel or motel to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
Duty Manager (Hotel)