UNIT GROUP 1343 SCHOOL PRINCIPALS
SCHOOL PRINCIPALS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the educational and administrative aspects of primary, middle or intermediate, and secondary schools including physical and human resources.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- determining educational programs based on curricula set by educational authorities
- implementing systems and procedures to monitor school performance and student enrolments
- directing administrative and clerical activities concerning student admissions and educational services
- preparing school budgets and maintaining budgetary controls
- promoting the educational program, and representing schools in the wider community
- supervising the maintenance of school facilities
- enforcing a disciplinary code to create a safe and conducive environment for students and teachers
- organising and implementing methods of raising additional funds in conjunction with parent groups
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
- may teach students
134311 School Principal
134311 SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the educational and administrative aspects of primary, middle or intermediate and secondary schools including physical and human resources. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
Middle or Intermediate School Principal
Primary School Principal
Secondary School Principal