VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TEACHERS
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TEACHERS teach one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at technical and further education (TAFE) institutes, polytechnics and other training institutes to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification or a postgraduate diploma in adult education. In some instances relevant industry and vocational education experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- identifying the various needs of students and creating effective learning options to meet these needs
- liaising with individuals, industry and education sectors to ensure provision of relevant programs and services
- planning, designing and developing course curriculum and method of instruction
- advising students on courses and related matters
- teaching students using teaching aids including presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshops, laboratory sessions, multimedia aids and computer tutorials
- marking and grading students’ assignments, papers and exams and providing feedback to students about their progress
- maintaining records of students’ progress, attendance and training activities
- consulting with Education Managers, Librarians, Student Counsellors and other support staff
Vocational Education Teacher 242211
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a technical and further education (TAFE) institute, polytechnic or other training institute to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
Adult Education Teacher
Workplace Trainer and Assessor