SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS
SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
Analyst Programmer 261311
Developer Programmer 261312
Software Engineer 261313
Software and Applications Programmers nec 261399
Analyses user needs, produces requirements documentation and system plans, and encodes, tests, debugs, maintains and documents programs and applications.
Interprets specifications, technical designs and flow charts, builds, maintains and modifies the code for software applications, constructs technical specifications from a business functional model, and tests and writes technical documentation.
Communications Programmer (Systems)
Database Programmer (Systems)
Designs, develops, modifies, documents, tests, implements, installs and supports software applications and systems.
SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS NEC
This occupation group covers Software and Applications Programmers not elsewhere classified.
Occupations in this group include: