UNIT GROUP 2414 SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS teach one or more subjects within a prescribed curriculum to secondary school students and promote students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- developing students’ interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
- guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students’ progress and recording the results
- discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
- maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
- participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- liaising with parent, community and business groups
- maintaining class and scholastic records
- performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
- supervising student teachers on placement
Occupation:241411 Secondary School Teacher
241411 SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER
Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed curriculum to secondary school students and promotes students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
Secondary School Teacher-Librarian