UNIT GROUP 2113 PHOTOGRAPHERS
PHOTOGRAPHERS operate still cameras to take photographs.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. The occupation in this unit group requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- consulting with clients to determine objectives of photographic assignments
- studying requirements of assignment and selecting type of camera, film, filter and lighting
- working from a studio, and transporting and setting up equipment at assigned locations
- measuring light levels and determining exposure
- adjusting camera angles, aperture settings and subjects to achieve desired composition
- adjusting lighting and filters to accentuate highlights and colours
- mixing photographic chemicals, processing film and developing prints
- manipulating images using digital imaging techniques and creative darkroom techniques such as adjusting exposure and development times
- may make enlarged prints, and mount and frame prints
Operates a still camera to take photographs. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
Skill Level: 1