UNIT GROUP 2524 OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS assess functional limitations of people resulting from illnesses and disabilities, and provide therapy to enable people to perform their daily activities and occupations.
Indicative Skill Level:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- assessing clients’ emotional, psychological, developmental and physical capabilities using clinical observations and standardised tests
- assessing clients’ functional potential in their home, leisure, work and school environments, and recommending environmental adaptations to maximise their performance
- planning and directing programs through the use of vocational, recreational, remedial, social and educational activities on an individual and group basis
- providing advice to family members, carers, employers and teachers about adapting clients’ home, leisure, work and school environments
- providing adaptive equipment, such as wheel chairs and splints, to assist clients to overcome their functional limitations
- working with other Health Professionals in overall case management of clients
- working with other professionals in providing specialist advice to specific client groups such as those requiring driver rehabilitation, third-party compensation and medico-legal representation
- recording clients’ progress and maintaining professional relationships in accordance with relevant legislative requirements and ethical guidelines
252411 Occupational Therapist
252411 OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
Assesses functional limitations of people resulting from illnesses and disabilities, and provides therapy to enable people to perform their daily activities and occupations. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1