FINANCIAL INVESTMENT ADVISERS AND MANAGERS
FINANCIAL INVESTMENT ADVISERS AND MANAGERS develop financial plans for individuals and organisations, and invest and manage funds on their behalf.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- interviewing prospective clients to determine financial status and objectives, discussing financial options and developing financial plans and investment strategies
- monitoring investment performance, and reviewing and revising investment plans based on modified needs and changes in markets
- recommending and arranging insurance cover for clients
- arranging to buy and sell stocks and bonds for clients
- advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
- setting financial objectives, and developing and implementing strategies for achieving the financial objectives
- managing funds raised from personal superannuation savings policies and unit trusts
- assisting in meeting superannuation compliance requirements
- directing the collection of financial, accounting and investment information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and statutory returns
- may refer clients to other organisations to obtain services outlined in financial plans
222311 Financial Investment Adviser
222312 Financial Investment Manager
222311 FINANCIAL INVESTMENT ADVISER
Financial Planning Adviser
Develops and implements financial plans for individuals or organisations, and advises on investment strategies and their taxation implications, securities, insurance, pension plans and real estate. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 1
222312 FINANCIAL INVESTMENT MANAGER
Invests and manages sums of money and assets on behalf of others over an agreed period of time, in order to generate income and profit. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 1
Superannuation Funds Manager
Unit Trust Manager