DRIVING INSTRUCTORS 4512
DRIVING INSTRUCTORS instruct individuals and groups in the theory and application of driving motor vehicles.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- instructing students under actual driving conditions, and explaining and demonstrating the operation of brakes, clutch, gear selection, automatic transmission, signals and lights
- teaching road traffic regulations
- teaching road craft and road safety
- advising students when they are ready to undergo driving examination
- may advise on and teach advanced driving techniques required for emergency situations
- may illustrate and explain handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and driving techniques using blackboard diagrams and audiovisual aids
Occupation:451211 Driving Instructor
451211 DRIVING INSTRUCTOR
Instructs individuals and groups in the theory and application of driving motor vehicles. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 3
Motorcycle Riding Instructor