CABINETMAKERS fabricate and repair wooden furniture, and fit and assemble prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marking out, cutting and shaping wood
- working from drawings and specifications to make furniture
- making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
- making frames for chairs and couches
- may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
Fabricates or repairs wooden furniture, and fits and assembles prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
Skill Level: 3
Antique Furniture Reproducer
Antique Furniture Restorer
Chair and Couch Maker