UNIT GROUP 2346 MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS conduct medical laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- preparing tissue sections for microscopic examination
- examining and analysing samples to study the effects of microbial infections
- analysing samples of body tissue and fluids to develop techniques to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- advising Medical Practitioners on the interpretation of tests and methods for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease
- setting up the steps and rules of laboratory medical testing
- operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- maintaining laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- preparing scientific papers and reports
234611 Medical Laboratory Scientist
234611 MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST
Medical Scientific Officer
Conducts medical laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
Skill Level: 1