UNIT GROUP 1111 CHIEF EXECUTIVES AND MANAGING DIRECTORS
CHIEF EXECUTIVES AND MANAGING DIRECTORS determine, formulate and review the general policy programs and the overall direction of organisations within the framework established by boards of directors and similar governing bodies.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining objectives, strategies, policies and programs for organisations
- providing overall direction and management to organisations
- authorising material, human and financial resources to implement organisational policies and programs
- monitoring and evaluating performance of organisations against organisational objectives and strategies
- consulting with senior subordinate staff and reviewing recommendations and reports
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts and presenting them to governing bodies
- representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- selecting, or approving the selection of senior staff
- ensuring the organisation complies with company laws and other relevant legislation
111111 Chief Executive or Managing Director
111111 CHIEF EXECUTIVE OR MANAGING DIRECTOR
Chief Executive Officer
Determines, formulates and reviews the general policy program and the overall direction of an organisation within the framework established by a board of directors or similar governing body.
Skill Level: 1
Secretary (Government Department) (Aus)