UNIT GROUP 3422 ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRADES WORKERS
ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRADES WORKERS prepare, install, repair, maintain and patrol electric power distribution networks.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- installing conductors and aerial equipment, and underground cables and equipment
- installing and maintaining equipment associated with electrical supply such as transformers
- attending to electrical breakdown and emergencies
- maintaining poles and associated hardware, and continuity of electrical supply and street lighting
- conducting routine maintenance on the aerial and underground electricity supply network
- conducting low-voltage switching operations
- fitting pole hardware and crossarms
- preparing low- and high-voltage cable joints and cable terminations while connecting and installing electrical equipment and overhead lines
- using heavy plant equipment such as elevated work platforms and portable equipment such as hydraulic drills
- may undertake substation installation and maintenance, and specialised testing and revenue meter installation
342211 Electrical Linesworker (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (NZ)
342212 Technical Cable Jointer
342211 ELECTRICAL LINESWORKER (AUS) / ELECTRICAL LINE MECHANIC (NZ)
Installs, maintains, repairs and patrols electrical sub-transmission and distribution systems. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Electrical Linesworker (Distribution) (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Distribution) (NZ)
Electrical Linesworker (Transmission) (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Transmission) (NZ)
Railway Traction Line Worker
342212 TECHNICAL CABLE JOINTER
Joins insulated electric power cables installed in underground conduits and trenches, and prepares cable terminations for connection to electrical equipment and overhead lines. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3