UNIT GROUP 2612 MULTIMEDIA SPECIALISTS AND WEB DEVELOPERS
MULTIMEDIA SPECIALISTS AND WEB DEVELOPERS create computer animation, audio, video and graphic image files for multimedia presentations, games, motion pictures, CD-ROMs, information kiosks and the web, and plan, produce and maintain websites and web applications using web programming, scripting, authoring, content management and file transfer software.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- analysing, designing and developing Internet sites applying a mixture of artistry and creativity with software programming and scripting languages and interfacing with operating environments
- designing and developing digital animations, imaging, presentations, games, audio and video clips, and Internet applications using multimedia software, tools and utilities, interactive graphics and programming languages
- communicating with network specialists regarding web-related issues, such as security and hosting websites, to control and enforce Internet and web server security, space allocation, user access, business continuity, website backup and disaster recovery planning
- designing, developing and integrating computer code with other specialised inputs, such as image files, audio files and scripting languages, to produce, maintain and support websites
- assisting in analysing, specifying and developing Internet strategies, web-based methodologies and development plans
261211 Multimedia Specialist
261212 Web Developer
261211 MULTIMEDIA SPECIALIST
Electronic Game Developer
Creates and manipulates computer animation, audio, video and graphic image files into multimedia programs to produce data and content for CD-ROMs, information kiosks, multimedia presentations, websites, mobile telephone resources, electronic gaming environments, e-commerce and e-security solutions, and entertainment and education products.
Skill Level: 1
261212 WEB DEVELOPER
Plans, produces and maintains websites using web programming languages, software applications, technologies and databases together with specifications of user needs, often in conjunction with other ICT Professionals such as Business Analysts, Web Designers and network and usability specialists.
Skill Level: 1