UNIT GROUP 1493 CONFERENCE AND EVENT ORGANISERS
CONFERENCE AND EVENT ORGANISERS organise and coordinate services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- organising registration of participants
- negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
149311 Conference and Event Organiser
149311 CONFERENCE AND EVENT ORGANISER
Event Management Consultant
Organises and coordinates services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
Skill Level: 2