UNIT GROUP 1331 CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS
CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the construction of civil engineering projects, buildings and dwellings, and the physical and human resources involved in building and construction.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- consulting with Architects, Engineering Professionals and other professionals, and Technical and Trades Workers
- negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- preparing tenders and contract bids
- operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites
- ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety
- arranging submission of plans to local authorities
- building under contract, or subcontracting specialised building services
- overseeing the standard and progress of subcontractors’ work
- arranging building inspections by local authorities
133111 Construction Project Manager
133112 Project Builder
133111 CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
Building and Construction Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates construction of civil engineering and building projects, and the physical and human resources involved in the construction process. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
133112 PROJECT BUILDER
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the construction, alteration and renovation of dwellings and other buildings, and the physical and human resources involved in the building process. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1