UNIT GROUP 1325 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate research and development activities within organisations.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining, implementing and monitoring research and development strategies, policies and plans
- developing and implementing research projects, priorities and targets to support commercial and policy developments
- leading major research projects and coordinating activities of other research workers
- assessing the benefits and monitoring the costs and effectiveness of research and development activities
- interpreting results of research projects and recommending associated product and service development innovations
- providing advice on research and development options available to the organisation
- monitoring leading-edge developments in relevant disciplines and assessing implications for the organisation
- may publish results of significant research projects
132511 Research and Development Manager
132511 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates research and development activities within an organisation.
Skill Level: 1