UNIT GROUP 1323 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the human resource and workplace relations activities within organisations.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating human resource management strategies, policies and plans to meet business needs
- advising and assisting other Managers in applying sound recruitment and selection practices, and appropriate induction, training and development programs
- developing and implementing performance management systems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
- representing the organisation in negotiations with unions and employees to determine remuneration and other conditions of employment
- developing and implementing occupational health and safety programs and equal employment opportunity programs, and ensuring compliance with related statutory requirements
- overseeing the application of redundancy and other employee retrenchment policies
- monitoring employment costs and productivity levels
- may train and advise other Managers in personnel and workplace relations matters
132311 Human Resource Manager
132311 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the human resource and workplace relations activities within an organisation.
Skill Level: 1
Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Training and Development Manager
Workplace Relations Manager